ROIC & Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions, we provide affordable and highly accurate precision-guided munitions, helmet-mounted and head-up displays for fighter aircrafts, and advanced electro-optical/laser technology that detect and defeat threats to air and ground platforms.
The BAE Systems Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions (STS) in Lexington MA is seeking an entry to midlevel experienced engineer to support mixed signal integrated circuit design and developments with emphasis on imaging readout integrated circuits (ROICs).
The ideal candidate will interface with the ROIC layout teams for Cad tool support, simulations, layout development and oversight, and project support for design development. The candidate's support will enable real-time/near real-time embedded systems, and implement a new generation of system prototypes, transitioning them into advanced military capabilities.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance is required
- Good understanding of analog circuits design and techniques in deep submicron processes
- Knowledge of semiconductor device physics
- Familiarity with EDA tools for analog design, especially ways to script and automate tasks
- Familiarity with mixed-signal simulation techniques
- Good scripting skills with some experience in Python, Skill, csh/sh/bash or related
- Solid foundation of analog design basics in deep submicron CMOS and BiCMOS processes
- Operational amplifiers
- Bias generation circuitry
- ADCs and DACs
- Strong intuitive and analytical understanding of transistor-level design including noise
- Familiarity with EDA tools for analog design and simulation as well as mixed-signal verification
- An active Secret security clearance is preferred
- Familiarity with physical verification tools, especially Calibre
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top