RF/microwave Calibration Technician
Calibrates, tests, troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of standard and special purpose precision instruments or Measuring and Test equipment. Maintains standards, makes precise measurements on a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, temperature, pressure/vacuum test equipment and other devices used in the fabrication and test of equipment, systems, units, parts and components. Required Skills and Education 1. Selects, sets-up, operates and repairs, as required, a variety of measuring and test equipment or complex tests and calibration equipment by working from schematics, sketches, calibration procedures, specifications, engineering test requirements, instruction books, manufacturers technical instructions, etc.
2. Performs a wide variety of calibration functions requiring use of oscilloscopes, amplifiers, signal generators, frequency counters, digital multimeters, oscillators, voltage dividers, attenuators, pulse generators, microwave devices, thermocouples, etc.
3. Examines newly acquired measuring and test equipment or test equipment for conformance to manufacturers specifications.
4. Aligns and calibrates all complexities of equipment to comply with manufacturer’s specifications and function to be performed measuring specified characteristics with required calibration equipment.
5. Analyzes equipment malfunctions and diagnoses the cause by making appropriate measurements and performing required repairs.
6. Sets-up and operates laboratory standardization equipment to perform measurements for calibrating and certifying the accuracy of a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and test equipment traceable to the National Bureau of Standards.
7. Makes repairs by locating defective or malfunctioning parts, broken wires, poor soldering. Selects required replacement parts from Parts Catalogs and Manufacturer’s Manuals. Installs new components and rewires circuits, as required.
8. Prepares and/or operates complex programs and procedures for automatic and semi-automatic calibrations or measuring and test equipment with the aid of programmable test instrumentation. Ensures that records of test and calibration data are kept if necessary and ensures the proper scheduling of equipment and instrumentation for calibration certification.
9. May assists, assign and review duties performed by other Calibration Technicians.
10. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Preferred Skills and Education Requires an Associate’s Degree in Metrology, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent plus two (2) years of directly related Calibration/Metrology experience or a certificate in Precision Measuring Equipment plus four (4) years of directly related Calibration/Metrology/RF/MICROWAVE experience is required.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Our Electronic Systems sector, headquartered in Nashua, N.H., has operations spanning commercial and defense electronics markets and offers a broad portfolio of mission critical electronic systems from flight and engine controls to electronic warfare and night vision systems, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, secure networked communications equipment, and power and energy management systems. People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top