RFEW System Senior Scientist
- Merrimack, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a RFEW Scientist to join our advanced R&D arm, FAST Labs. The focus of the Scientist career path is the technical leadership of research and development projects, defining, capturing, and executing contract 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 research and development programs. Scientists are expected to grow to become world-class experts whose technical expertise is sought out by our customers. Scientists are expected to be well-known in their technical community and actively engaged with the research community outside of BAE Systems. Scientists use their position, reputation, and technical expertise to create and lead research programs that advance technology for purposes of providing discriminating capabilities for BAE Systems.
In this role, Scientists will focus on
- Technical leadership of programs as the principal investigator
- The capture of new business opportunities as the technical lead
- Guiding the strategic planning of technology to coordinate investments, captures, and program execution towards overall BAE Systems business objectives.
When called on, a Scientist may be an individual contributor, a team leader, or the Program Engineering Manager on a project. A Scientist may be program manager on a small programs, e.g. a seedling effort.
Fundmentals of the role:
- Quantitative new business capture objectives, focused on new business pursuits and the capture of follow-up work to the seedling efforts you are leading.
- Significant customer interaction, initiating customer contact to create new business opportunities.
- Expectation to be entrepreneurial in the creation, shaping, capture, and promotion of CRAD for groundbreaking technologies for current and future BAE Systems products.
- Expectation to provide strategic guidance to programs and to portfolios of programs to align technology development to business needs.
- Participate in program transition planning.
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience participating in and/or leading development in the following topics:
- Experience in research and development projects, especially when IP capture and scientific publications are involved
- RF system development cycles including concept, design, build, integrate, test and demonstrate
- Phased array aperture design and integration
- Electronics integration and test in a laboratory environment
- Customer facing demonstrations with emphasis on technical, interpersonal, and business objective strategy
- Doctorate with research experience
- Top Secret Clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top