RF Test Engineer
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
BAE Systems - FAST Labs business area, the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems Sector is currently seeking an a RF Test Engineer to join the Microelectronics Center.
The Candidate will be responsible for supporting program managers, MMIC designers, and device modeling engineers by performing measurement and characterization of the next generation of microwave and millimeter wave semiconductor devices and circuits in advanced GaN and GaAs technologies. The primary responsibilities of this position include performing complex microwave test in support of CRAD and device modeling activities including building, calibrating, and maintaining RF test setups, characterization of advanced devices and MMICs at frequencies ranging from DC to 100 GHz, creating and executing test plans and procedures, trouble-shooting, and data analysis to verify measurement accuracy.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Strong expertise in RF fundamentals, industry standard test methods, test equipment operation, capabilities, limitations, and trouble-shooting
- Ability to build, calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot innovative new device, MMIC, and module RF test setups in an R&D environment with minimal supervision
- A strong background in load pull characterization and experience with using RF instruments including signal generators, network analyzers, power meters and load pull tuners
- Experience with various DC and RF measurement methods such as static & pulsed I-V, small-signal S-parameter, CW and Pulsed Power, noise figure, noise parameters, and two-tone IMD
- Proficient with LabVIEW or test lab software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work within a diverse team-structured environment, and ability to multi-task and execute to program schedules
• Understanding of MMIC design techniques and semiconductor device physics concepts.
• Experience with device modeling and software such as Keysight ADS and IC-CAP
• Statistical and data analysis background
• Strong technical writing skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top