RF Test Architect/Engineer
The BAE Systems Space Systems team in Merrimack, NH is looking for an experienced RF Test Architect/Engineer with significant experience in the architecture design and test development for space hardware and/or payloads for government and defense applications.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that is developing and expanding a space payload business base in support of important national defense requirements. This is a rapidly emerging growth area for the company, and seasoned engineers with the right skills will be given the opportunity to participate in the formation of this new and innovative product line. The position offers the opportunity to participate in a full lifecycle of program development, from CONOPS definition through deployment and product support. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment with other team members on multiple projects. The candidate must also have strong trouble shooting skills and the persistence to resolve issues.
This position may require some business travel in support of training, customer meetings and system integration and test support activities.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Strong knowledge of RF concepts/architecture/designs
• Provide technical leadership in test architecture definition, requirements analysis, CONOPs, algorithms, interface definition, hardware and software design, procurement, integration, validation and verification
• Extensive experience in test and troubleshooting of analog, RF, and digital hardware, including proficiency with RF test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, RF Signal Generators, Power Meters, and Oscilloscopes
• Experience performing frequency planning, spurious analysis and phase noise analysis
• Ability to quickly contribute to the overall system integration and test approach, including the development, definition and implementation of testing methods to meet program RF requirements
• Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams
• Active Top Secret Clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
• STE design, testing and operation
• Testing activities such as thermal, vibration and EMI testing
• Software integration and test, configuration management
• Cost and schedule management using Earned Value Management System
• Software experience with C/C++, C#, Matlab (or equivalent)
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Good planning, organization, and time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and meet established deadlines
• Experience with Space Applications
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top