RF Technology Development Manager
BAE Systems is focused on developing innovative EW system architectures that provide capabilities for a wide variety of both manned and unmanned platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving platform survivability and providing both suppression and destruction of enemy air, ground and maritime defenses, BAE Systems develops RF technology for emitter sensing and exploitation, to include detection, identification and geo-location of enemy threats.
BAE Systems is looking for candidates who will be able to contribute to and lead areas in new innovative system designs and lead the product development of complex EW payloads. Also the development of new system concept of operations to deal with the ever changing threat environments, generation of new design concepts, development of rapid prototyping to include enhanced modeling and simulation techniques is expected. The candidate will be capable of learning and working independently, harnessing natural curiosity to assimilate cross-disciplinary material, forge an understanding of the problem space, and develop the necessary skill sets to produce results.
Primary duties and responsibilities will include:
a. Section lead of a technology group, responsible for managing team of direct reports, responsible for bringing in new business and meeting the group’s financial growth objectives within each calendar year.
b. Work with DARPA and other S&T government labs to advance EW capabilities that will lead to the capture of new CRAD business
c. Develop new innovative system level operational concepts and missions, research and develop highly complex EW system designs and architectures.
d. Develop improved signal processing, detection, identification and geo-location techniques.
e. Support complex system/product level integration and test.
- Provide leadership for new CRAD business capture and proposal development activities, including defining win strategies, Price to Win, and managing new business funds.
- Prepare and present technical briefings to peers, management and customer community.
- Participate and lead high level brainstorming meetings resulting in innovative winning system solutions to difficult problems.
- Work with BAE Systems’ Business Areas to understand future needs and transition discriminating technology to the product lines Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Master Degree with 13+ years of professional experience
- Active TS security clearance is required.
- Solid experience in Electronic Warfare
- Experience in passive, active and semi-active RF seeker technologies
The candidate must have good critical thinking skills, requiring highly constrained deductions to relatively unconfined “big picture” reasoning skills. The candidate will excel at problem solving and have the ability to produce concrete results despite significant ambiguities in the problem space.
The candidate must have strong oral presentation skills and the ability to publicly speak clearly, concisely, and comfortably, with the acuity to convey highly technical subject matter in a concise and intuitive fashion. The successful candidate will also have a proven track record of accomplishments working with the DoD S&T community Preferred Skills and Education Strongly preferred set of skills within the Electronic Warfare domain include:
- Experience with RF propagation models, EW and EA system concepts.
- Experience with Geo-location and Direction Finding (DF) algorithms.
- Hands on knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance.
- Experience with radar operation, employment, and susceptibilities.
- Understand and anticipate trends in threat system capabilities.
- EW system hardware design knowledge and experience.
- Experience with digital signal processing algorithms and implementation.
- Effectively document and communicate designs, results, reports and presentations.
- A strong interest in learning new skills and collaborating on new products. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group’s Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting.
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top