RF Space Architect System Engineer
B AE Systems is looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding Space Systems Product Line. We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space electronics, boxes, sensors and subsystems with products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for over 25 years. Additionally, we're leading the way with the development of advanced processing solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats. Our new solutions are providing the higher processing capability necessary for critical communication, navigation, surveillance and tracking, planetary exploration, weather and classified missions. Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative space solutions that will continue to lead the industry.
We are seeking an Senior Systems Engineer with significant experience with RF System Architecture, RF System design and analysis for RFEW systems. Experience with EW systems software and firmware architecture is necessary. Responsible for System level requirements definition, adaptive signal analysis, waveform decomposition, architecture design, and functional and requirements decomposition.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Space Based RF Systems Design Experience to include a working knowledge of Radar Systems; Situational Awareness, Direction finding and geolocation.
- Required Minimum Experience of 10+ years of technical work experience in Space or Electronic Warfare, with 5+ years in a technical lead role preferred.
- Hold an active/current Top Secret Security Clearance
- Master's degree or PhD in engineering or scientific field
- RF Payload Systems (receiver) Architect for platforms including:
- Geolocation techniques, end-to-end performance analyses
- Mission signal environments, Radar / Comms
- Payload Architectures / Design: Antennas/RF, IF, Analog and Digital
- Integrated RF Payload design, receiver focus including:
- Algorithms, Probability of Intercept, Signal ID
- Instantaneous Bandwidth, Spur Free Dynamic Range, Sensitivity
- Post and Pre-D Processing, Channelization, Parameter Measurement
- Interference Mitigation, Real Time Modulation Analysis
- Hold an active/current Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top