Ready to make a difference? BAE Systems employees develop, build and work on the world's most advanced electromagnetic spectrum operations systems - detecting, locating, and countering threats for joint and international aircrew. We develop highly sophisticated digital Electronic Warfare (EW) systems and we are looking for motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in Electronic Support Measures (ESM) to join cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Key EW program objectives are to improve/enhance air vehicle situational awareness and survivability, through the abilities to detect, deny, deceive, degrade and/or disrupt adversaries Integrated Air Defenses. BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, geolocation, and attack of emitters. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future, and you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Come build your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new ESM capabilities for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts, performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems. Verifies and validates aspects of system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience in a relevant field) with a minimum work experience of:
10+ Years of relevant work experience with no degree
8+ Years with BS
6+ Years with MS
3+ Years with PHD
Required Skills and Education
Experience in one or more of the following skillsets is required:
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) modeling, RF simulation, RF analysis, and RF testing skills as well as preparing appropriate reports and technical documents: ADS, Genesys, Microwave Office, HFSS, LabVIEW, SysML, MagicDraw, MS ord/Excel/PowerPoint/Project/Visio
- Experience with analog/digital receiver design
- Experience with RF cascades and margin analysis
- Experience deriving RF module/component specifications from higher level system requirements
Experience in the following skillsets is desired:
- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals
- RF integration, validation, and verification skills to include lab debug and analysis work
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance. Ability to model antenna impacts on received and transmitted signals. Understanding of antenna patterns, polarization, bandwidth, beamwidth etc.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top