RF / Digital Electronics Test Technician
The Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area is seeking experienced engineering electronics technicians to work in a dynamic engineering lab and/or operations environment. Depending on experience and skillset, opportunities exist to support complex digital circuit board testing and/or RF/microwave testing and associated tasks.
Must have extensive experience testing and debugging complex digital, analog and/or RF circuit card assemblies and modules. Must be able to isolate failures down to the subassembly and component level. Must be able to support non-routine testing and manually setup and operate a variety of standard lab equipment (power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, PNA, etc).
For RF skillset, f amiliarity with test methods and test equipment for performing the following tests is highly preferred: S Parameters, Gain, VSWR, Noise Figure, Gain Compression, Intercept Points, Spurious, Switching Speeds, Isolation.
Performs a wide variety of complex assignments including the planning, layout, test, troubleshooting, modification and repair of complex precision electronic subsystems or systems. Works under the general direction of engineering personnel in a research, design/development environment.
1. Performs a variety of complex functional and operational tests on developmental electronic systems, subsystems and assemblies in accordance with generally established procedures and data sheets.
2. Constructs, modifies and improves electronic circuits and designs including, but not limited to, power supplies and analog and digital circuitry, etc., utilizing basic electronic design techniques.
3. Troubleshoots, debugs, tests and performs precision measurements on a variety of electronic assemblies, systems and instruments, effectively utilizing equipment such as oscilloscopes, audio amplifiers, standing wave amplifiers, multimeters, phase sensitive demodulators, volt-ohm-millimeters, AF and RF signal generators, logic analyzers, watt meters, wave meters, phase measuring equipment, thermocouple and balometer power bridges. Utilizes computer aided design tools as required.
4. Sets up and operates a wide variety of testing equipment, improvising hook-up and equipment modifications as necessary to test, adjust, align, calibrate and modify circuitry, components, systems or subsystems, ensuring consistency with company and customer design specifications and performance requirements.
5. Works from schematics, diagrams, sketches and oral instructions to construct experimental or prototype models to meet engineering requirements. Utilizes conceptual drawing to design cable and harness assemblies for prototype electronic products and provides the necessary documentation to support the assemblies when released to production.
6. Develops and/or prepares schematics, designs, specifications, parts lists, etc.
7. Compiles, computes, analyzes, interprets and presents a wide variety of engineering data as required.
8. Previews designs or specifications for completeness, accuracy, adequacy and compliance with company and/or customer specifications.
9. Provides technical direction to less senior technicians.
10. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education Requires an Associate’s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent and a minimum of four years of directly related experience.
Requires ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. Preferred Skills and Education Active secret clearance.
Experience testing and debugging complex Electronic Warfare systems.
Ability to work independently in an engineering development environment, with limited instructional documentation, using module specifications as primary guide.
Expertise manually operating a variety of standard electronics test equipment (power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, PNA, etc.)
LabVIEW familiarity. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top