RF / Digital Electronics Test Technician
BAE Systems is seeking experienced engineering electronics technicians to work in a dynamic engineering lab and/or operations environment. Depending on experience and skillset, opportunities exist to support complex digital circuit board testing and/or RF/microwave testing and associated tasks.
Must have extensive experience testing and debugging complex digital, analog and/or RF circuit card assemblies and modules. Must be able to isolate failures down to the subassembly and component level. Must be able to support non-routine testing and manually setup and operate a variety of standard lab equipment (power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, PNA, etc).
For RF skillset, familiarity with test methods and test equipment for performing the following tests is highly preferred: S Parameters, Gain, VSWR, Noise Figure, Gain Compression, Intercept Points, Spurious, Switching Speeds, Isolation. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of complex functional and operational tests on developmental electronic systems, subsystems and assemblies in accordance with generally established procedures and data sheets.
- Constructs, modifies and improves electronic circuits and designs including, but not limited to, power supplies and analog and digital circuitry, etc., utilizing basic electronic design techniques.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, tests and performs precision measurements on a variety of electronic assemblies, systems and instruments, effectively utilizing equipment such as oscilloscopes, audio amplifiers, standing wave amplifiers, multimeters, phase sensitive demodulators, volt-ohm-millimeters, AF and RF signal generators, logic analyzers, watt meters, wave meters, phase measuring equipment, thermocouple and balometer power bridges. Utilizes computer aided design tools as required.
- Sets up and operates a wide variety of testing equipment, improvising hook-up and equipment modifications as necessary to test, adjust, align, calibrate and modify circuitry, components, systems or subsystems, ensuring consistency with company and customer design specifications and performance requirements.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, sketches and oral instructions to construct experimental or prototype models to meet engineering requirements. Utilizes conceptual drawing to design cable and harness assemblies for prototype electronic products and provides the necessary documentation to support the assemblies when released to production.
- Develops and/or prepares schematics, designs, specifications, parts lists, etc.
- Compiles, computes, analyzes, interprets and presents a wide variety of engineering data as required.
- Previews designs or specifications for completeness, accuracy, adequacy and compliance with company and/or customer specifications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Requires an Associate's Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or equivalent and a minimum of four years of directly related experience.
- Requires ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Active secret clearance.
- Experience testing and debugging complex Electronic Warfare systems.
- Ability to work independently in an engineering development environment, with limited instructional documentation, using module specifications as primary guide.
- Expertise manually operating a variety of standard electronics test equipment (power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, PNA, etc.)
- LabVIEW familiarity.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top