Regional Sales Manager - Sensors and Cameras OEMs - Europe
Exciting things are happening at BAE Systems as we increase staff to support our Sales Organization to advance our electronics group. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team!
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is the key customer-facing contact point for BAE Systems assigned large and/or complex clients. The RSM maintains and expands relationships with these strategically targeted customers and aligns the customer’s buying criteria to wins for Fairchild Imagining. RSM is responsible for achieving sales and profit quota and assigned strategic account objectives in Europe. The RSM champions the Fairchild Imagining Systems portfolio range of products and services within the region/territory, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. Additionally, the RSM is supported locally by campaign managers and engineers that can be called in to facilitate the technical components of the selling process.
- Sales and Profit Achievement: Accountable for total sales and profit within targeted region/territory. Maximize the potential of the current business through aggressive growth. Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales and profit goals.
- Complex Customer Relationship Development: Establishes productive, professional relationships with key decision-makers at multiple levels with the region/territory. Gains wide and deep penetration with the most senior client decision makers.
- Internal Collaboration: Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including Director of Strategic Sales, Campaign Managers assigned to the STS Sector. Work with Director of Strategic Sales to drive and develop key marketing programs to drive and promote sales along with supporting the entire STS team as a whole when needed.
- Strategic Account Management: Develop a framework and process to proactively lead a joint internal strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance action plans, market share objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a quarterly, annual, and three-year horizon for targeted customers. Ensures assigned region/territory are profiled and leverages the base value proposition to achieve business targets. Collaboratively develops account plans to maximize the field sales team impact and shorten the sales cycle. Uses account planning to organize actions and enable successful progression of the sales and relationship development process.
- Active Listening Expertise: Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an on-going basis. Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Brand Ambassador – Must be the brand ambassador for all of STS products. RSM will represent all product lines to customers, distributors and at trade shows.
Travel: Extensive travel required within the assigned geography
Location: In assigned geographic regions. Exceptions can be made for the right candidate.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Education/Skills/Experience
- Create demand for BAE Systems’ Thermal Imaging sensor products to commercial, and military, customers in Europe. Generate and qualify sales leads by establishing good customer contact via telephone, mail, personal contact, on-site visits, trade shows, etc. Effectively manage leads by determining how to best close sales by direct involvement or use of distributors/reps/VARs.
- Analyze customer requirements and applications and recommend appropriate solutions. Manage and grow business with current accounts.
- Make timely visits to customer/prospects for equipment demonstrations and sales.
- Extensive travel throughout defined territory is required. Plan, coordinate and conduct trade show exhibits, seminars, webinars and Distributor training and support.
- Assist with training, mentoring, and motivating all authorized sales personnel (reps/distributors) within your territory.
- Required education: Technical Bachelor Degree (BSEE or Physics preferred). Customers are typically electronics, or optical, engineers so technical design-in, and relationship selling, skills are required.
- Strong background in thermal imaging sensors, and thermal imaging sensor applications, is required. Good forecasting skills. Knowledge of CRM systems. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Proficient public speaker in small and large events and able to give complex sensor and camera demos. Managing reps and distributor channels. Ability to multitask in a team oriented fast paced environment. Detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
- 3+ years of infrared experience. 3+ years’ experience selling high technology capital equipment
Preferred Skills and Education Master’s Degree
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top