Regional Sales Manager Aerospace and Defense - Middle East
Exciting things are happening at BAE Systems as we increase staff to support our Sales Organization to advance our electronics group. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team!
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is the key customer-facing contact point for BAE Systems assigned large and/or complex clients. The RSM maintains and expands relationships with these strategically targeted customers and aligns the customer’s buying criteria to wins for BAE Systems Survivability Targeting Solution. Assigned a geographic region/territory, the RSM is responsible for achieving sales and profit quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The RSM champions the entire BAE STS Systems portfolio range of products and services within the region/territory, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. Additionally, the RSM is supported locally by campaign managers and engineers that can be called in to facilitate the technical components of the selling process.
- Sales and Profit Achievement: Accountable for total sales and profit within targeted region/territory. Maximize the potential of the current business through aggressive growth. Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales and profit goals.
- Complex Customer Relationship Development: Establishes productive, professional relationships with key decision-makers at multiple levels with the region/territory. Gains wide and deep penetration with the most senior client decision makers.
- FMS and DCS Expert: Candidate must have extensive experience and be able to full explain FMS and DCS process along with being able to full explain what products they have sold using this process. Emphasis will be placed on FMS process and knowledge of.
- Internal Collaboration: Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including Director of Strategic Sales, Campaign Managers assigned to the STS Sector. Work with Director of Strategic Sales to drive and develop key marketing programs to drive and promote sales along with supporting the entire STS team as a whole when needed.
- Strategic Account Management: Develop a framework and process to proactively lead a joint internal strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance action plans, market share objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a quarterly, annual, and three-year horizon for targeted customers. Ensures assigned region/territory are profiled and leverages the base value proposition to achieve business targets. Collaboratively develops account plans to maximize the field sales team impact and shorten the sales cycle. Uses account planning to organize actions and enable successful progression of the sales and relationship development process.
- Active Listening Expertise: Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an on-going basis. Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Brand Ambassador – Must be the brand ambassador for all of STS products. RSM will represent all product lines to customers, distributors and at trade shows.
Travel: Extensive travel required within the assigned geography.
Location: In assigned geographic regions. Exceptions can be made for the right candidate. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 7-10 years of related experience Required Skills and Education Required Education/Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years demonstrated success of complex sales experience within any of the following: Electronics, Department of Defense, Homeland Security, Department of Justice, Foreign Military, OEM, Commercial, State and Local Agencies and Distribution.
- Minimum of 7-10 years driving a strategic business plan and has a history of meeting or exceed sales goals.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience engaging top level decision makers with the above noted markets
- Minimum of 7 years of experience prospecting, developing and maintaining client relationships. Candidate should possess contacts within specific market segments that he or she can utilize to drive immediate results to the STS Sector
- The ability to positively influence others to achieve results and provide leadership without direct authority is critical to the success of this role
- Strategic thinker who can translate strategies into executable tactical action plans
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience with FMS (Foreign Military Sales) process. Candidate will be required to explain the FMS process in detail.
- Proven ability to make clear, timely, and informed decisions in the best interest of clients and the internal organization
- Excellent interpersonal as well as, communication skills, both oral and written required
- Proficient in computer skills (Sales Force, Business Intelligence tools, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
Preferred Skills and Education Master’s Degree
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top