RedHat Linux Systems Administrator
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are seeking to hire a RedHat Linux Systems Administrator to support an exciting new project.
- Ten (10) years of experience as a systems administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional systems administration experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience with LINUX environments
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years providing operations support, preferable Tier 3 Support.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated integration and testing experience.
- OCONUS travel (1-2 times a year for 10 days/trip) for installation/training.
- Ability to conduct formal and ad hoc system training for basic operators.
- Ability to configure the application and execute tests.
- Ability to configure Linux servers from scratch, including disk layout and partitioning, operating system installation, RedHat/CentOS kickstart and package configuration.
- Demonstrated ability in configuring and customizing the application after installation for mission/site needs.
- Demonstrated ability in network troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability in preparing and editing technical documentation.
- Ability to automate day to day operations through the use of bash, perl, or python scripting.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing bash and python scripts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to learn and take direction.
- Must be able to interact effectively with customer, developers and end-users
- Must be able to work on an Agile based project.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with Protocol Processing
- Systems integration experience with SIGINT software applications
- Ability to review C++ / JAVA code to assist with troubleshooting.
- Ability to automate system acceptance tests using Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with any of the following; VMWare, Maven, Jenkins, and Serenity.
- Experience using, maintaining, and implementing Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience using, maintaining, and implementing Puppet and/or Ansible
- Active TS SCI level clearance with necessary Poly required.
- Any of the following Certifications are preferred, but not required; RHCSA/RHCE, VCP
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top