Red River Partnership Site Lead
BAE Systems is currently seeking a Site Lead for the Red River Army Depot located in New Boston, TX. In this role, the Lead supports both the Bradley and AMPV production executions. Functioning as the main POC site lead for the BAE-Red River Army Depot Public Private Partnership, this individual is responsible for the partnership support in cradle-to-grave proposal, negotiation, and component builds for Bradley Fighting Vehicles, derivative platforms (e.g. AMPV), and spares through to customer hand-off and contract close-out. This position has profit / loss responsibility and requires leading a team of Contracts, Finance, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Operations, Engineering personnel to execute assigned responsibilities either in a stand-alone capacity or in support of more senior Program Managers. Good interpersonal skills are required and interactions can be expected with both internal and external personnel / customers at all levels in the organizational structure. An understanding of the inputs to production execution across multiple sites is highly desirable.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working and managing a large contract
- Knowledge of the vehicle manufacturing production and engineering production
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Previous experience negotiating, with leadership, influencing, and accountability
- Ability to support travel of up to 25% to locations including York, PA and Anniston, AL and Ft Hood, TX.
Preferred Skills and Education
- PMP Accreditation or a desire to obtain is a plus.
- Previous experience in managing a staff or project greatly valued as this role will oversee a small team.
- Technical experience or training.
- Masters in Business Administration.
- PowerPoint and MS Project literacy beneficial.
- Earned Value Management working knowledge is a bonus.
- Familiarity with USG contracting processes, FAR, DFAR greatly preferred.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top