Responsible for the inspection of items manufactured or procured for use as a contracted end item. Inspection includes the use of inspection tools and instruments to demonstrate compliance to specifications, and inspection by attributes for workmanship as well as confirmation of all appropriate documentation. Generally, this position requires a higher level experience in dimensional inspection set-ups and layouts than does the Inspector / position.
ESSENTINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Every employee is responsible for knowing and supporting the quality policy and must comply with published Personnel Policies, including but not limited to providing a harassment free/non-discriminatory work environment and drug-free workplace, in accordance with State and Federal laws, or face disciplinary action which may include possible prosecution and/or termination of employment.
- Responsible for the inspection of materials, parts, processes and final products, and documentation of the results.
- Inspects close tolerance items using precision non-computerized inspection equipment, procedures and set-ups.
- Reviews paperwork accompanying inspected items for appropriateness and completeness.
- Performs First Article, in-process and final inspections.
- Prepares and files all required quality documentation and records for inspection area.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the position and department.
- Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned.
Accountable to the Director of Quality with over site by the Inspection Supervisor for the inspection of the assigned materials, parts and products. Failures to perform the duties of this position will likely cause delays in building or shipping products and higher scrap and rework costs.
- One year related experience in the mechanical inspection and quality assurance in precision parts production. Able to read drawings. Basic understanding of geometric tolerances and dimensions.
- Able to use most inspection tools. Knows quality assurance processes and set-ups.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with limited supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively with others and be able to use good judgment. Must be flexible regarding position duties and hours.
The use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, air purifying respirators, etc. may be required in certain areas of the company. All employees must agree to comply with BAE Systems published safety policies. Non-smoking work environment. Drug-free workplace. This position requires the ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
Required Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top