Recent College Grad - Test Eng I
Do you love all aspect of engineering, from the planning and design to the hands on integration? Are you motivated by solving problems and a teamwork environment? Do you like working in engineering design lab environments, on the manufacturing floor or are you the type of person who wants to get in the field and be hands on at the test ranges with customers? This opportunity opens doors to all that and more right here in BAE Systems' Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area. We are looking for highly motivated candidates to join our Test Engineering team. We have entry level positions for talented electrical or software engineers who want to work at a progressive company where technical excellence is highly valued. Our mission is "We protect those who protect us", and as a Test Engineer within ECS you will apply your skills to solve some of our biggest challenges for fielded systems. In ECS, these systems integrate state of the art radar warning, electronic support measures, broadband electronic attack, and electronic protection.
All Entry Level Test Engineers are automatically part of Year One, our year long company integration program which includes career/rotation planning, formal mentorship, social/networking collaboration, personal effectiveness and leadership classes.
Entry level candidates are exposed to the full product development life-cycle, from requirements development through integration and testing. We achieve this exposure as part of our rotation program for college graduates. You can expect to rotate to a new project, business area, or project phase several times over the first few years of your career. This maximizes your awareness of the vast number of technologies that are used at BAE Systems, and exposes you to the wide variety of career opportunities and growth paths that are available.
Some of the responsibilities of an Entry Level Test Engineer include:
- Generate, review and update the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports, and other documents associated with the engineering process.
- Work alongside senior engineering mentors from multiple disciplines to design software solutions for testing our prime mission equipment.
- Develop automated test software in a variety of languages.
- Participate in integration activities of production test systems.
- Engage in troubleshooting test related issues on the manufacturing floor
On top of numerous diverse and challenging career opportunities, BAE offers flexible schedules (including every other Friday off), competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package that includes tuition reimbursement.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a US Government Secret level clearance
- BS or higher degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
- Able to develop test products using C-based software
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a project and team based environment
- Experience with computer programming and revision control
- Knowledge and/or experience with the principles of electrical design
- Demonstrate time and task management with great organizational skills
Highly Desirable (these skills or experience will set candidates apart from the rest):
- Experience working with National Instruments Test Program Set development tools
- LabWindows /CVI
- Familiarity with RF engineering and design concepts
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Experience with statistical process control in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with RF and digital test equipment (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signals sources)
- Research , internship or equivalent experience
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top