BAE Systems has an opportunity for a Range Technician at Lackland AFB, TX.
This individual will:
Install, configure, and support an organization's VMWare training site/sites. Build out scenarios for training purposes using various operating systems and network components. Monitor virtual machines and network to ensure availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May administer network security measures. May assist in virtual image selection.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements networked systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning training operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots hardware, software, and network performance issues.
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of virtual machine communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, network administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting performance.
- A sign-on bonus is available for this position.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have virtualization software experience (prefer VMWare 6.5 or greater)
- Must have ability to write scripts (Powershell or PowerCLI preferred)
- Must have experience with both Windows and *nix platforms
- BA/BS Degree. Preferred in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering Management, or similar (6 years min experience)
- Or High School Diploma (10 years min experience)
- IAT LEVEL II such as CCNA-Security, Security+ CE, or GESEC
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Background in Air Force Weapon Systems to include CVA/H, ACD, CDA, CSCS, C3MS, and AFINC
- Linux skills
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top