Radio Communication Systems Sr Training Specialist
The selected candidate will undergo the certification process to become a DDG class ship platform Radio Communications System (RCS) Instructor. In addition to instructing, this position will entail curriculum design and development, developing course materials, and working as a RCS technician, providing logistics, test, and technical support as required.
The selected candidate's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform written formal test procedures with a customer witness.
- Troubleshoot equipment/system failures and repair associated equipment for the Radio Communications System (RCS).
- Work with engineering department to develop test procedures for new and existing systems for Systems Verification Testing.
- Provide inputs and solutions to the engineering department for design deficiencies / enhancements and aide in integration of new systems into the baseline.
- Occasionally work off-site for duties on various ship platforms. Typical travel requirements are for conducting System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT), Shipbuilders Trials, Final Contract Trials (FCT), Total Ship Readiness Assessment (TSRA), and CASREP (Casualty Report) technical assistance to resolve issues unattainable by ship's force.
- Coordinate with customers, ISEA, and various engineering entities to ensure proper integration, operation, maintenance and testing of naval radio communications systems on new and established baselines.
- Training and lifeline support for ship's crew, shipyard personnel and offsite BAE Systems employees on operation and maintenance of all associated equipment and systems.
- Research and analyze various publications and documents in order to obtain necessary information for preparation of training session curriculum and lesson guides.
- Develop training session plans, lesson guides and training aids. Writes training manuals. Prepare instructional guides, examinations, troubleshooting techniques and other training session support materials.
- Develop training goals, objectives and requirements. Develop participant qualification requirements. Identify and develop solutions to training problem areas.
- Conduct and present training session curriculum. Instruct participants in the specific subject area utilizing training techniques such as lectures, role playing exercises, individual coaching, demonstrations, and workshops.
- Maintain records of training activities and employee progress and evaluates effectiveness of programs.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Typical Education & Experience
High School diploma and at least 11 years of related experience
Required Skills and Education
High School and at least 11 years related experience
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Military training experience
Knowledge of several of the following systems:
AN/SRC-61(V)5 Digital Modular Radio (DMR)
AN/SSR-1A Satellite Receiving Set
AN/SYQ-26(V)2 NAVMACS Tactical Messaging System
AN/URC-131A High Frequency Radio Group (HFRG)
AN/USQ-144K(V)2 Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
AN/USQ-151 Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT)
AN/USQ-147B(V)1 Quality Monitoring Set
AN/USQ-155 (V)2, 3, 4 Tactical Variant Switch
AN/USQ-69(V)3 Commercial Broadband Service Provider (CBSP)
AN/UYQ-86(V)5 Common Data Link Management System (CDLMS)
AN/WSC-9(V)2 Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT)
Associated Cryptographic Devices
Preferred Skills and Education
Certified Navy Instructor NEC 9502
Navy Master Training Specialist
Active security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top