Radar System Software Developer
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Work as a member of a Radar System Software development team to develop Command and Control Interfaces, Real-time system control code, Radar Subsystem development, Range Control System and Graphics Package development. Candidate will develop code and unit tests to a documented design. In addition to the above activities the candidate will assist in other basic Software Engineering activities such as code reviews, and Software configuration management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in development and evaluation of moderately complex software designs to reduce/identify design flaws that would cause defects.
2. Assists in preparing design documentation for moderately complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures.
3. Codes and unit tests moderately complex software units to a documented design.
4. Assist in the preparation of software engineering change orders, change proposals and corrective action reports.
5. Assist in evaluations/trade studies for software development tools.
6. Will follow the direction of Lead Software Engineer to Develop Radar System and Range Control System software components.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Degree must be in Computer Engineering and or Computer Science. Must have at least 1 to 3 years of experience with programming in C, or C++. Background in real-time embedded systems with Emphasis in Command and Control interfaces desired as well as a basic understanding of physics and network programming.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top