Quality Inspector: Visual Inspection
- York, PA
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Mission Systems is seeking a Quality Inspector: Visual Inspection . This position is on 3rd Shift.
In this role, the Quality Inspector performs quality audits for conformance to drawings/specification on large structures, weldments, assemblies, and individual components, manufactured internally or procured from suppliers. Verifications include but are not limited to: visual weld and dimensional inspection, color conformance, plating, paint quality, damage, completeness of assemblies /weldments and kits, etc. Verifications may be visual or tactile and may require use of standard precision measuring equipment. Responsible in determining appropriate accept/reject disposition and documents results within required BAE Systems repositories.
Position supports the 3rd Shift: M-F, 10:00PM - 6:30AM
Required Skills and Education
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Level II VT certified OR a current CWI.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents (i.e. drawings, specifications).
- Familiar with weld symbols and their uses.
- Understands and can use the imperial measurement and the metric system, conversions, fractions and
- decimal equivalents.
- Basic computer literacy to include data entry skills and familiarity with standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Physically able to access vehicles in order to obtain inspection data. This includes both fitness to climb in and around vehicles and regularly required vision screening for compliance with maintaining VT certification. May require bending, stooping, crawling, reaching, awkward positioning and lifting up to 40 lbs, unassisted.
- Able to support on the 3rd Shift, M-F, 10:00PM - 6:30AM.
Preferred experience/background but not required:
- Weld inspection tools and gauges such as weld fillet gauges, V-Wac gauges.
- Standard measuring equipment such as 6" rule, tape measure and combination squares.
- Precision measurement equipment such as calipers (both vernier and digital), height gauges, surface
- plates, protractors, gauge blocks/pins, micrometers, depth gauges, thread gauges, plain plugs and ring
- gauges, profilometers, graduated and digital measuring device.
- Material handling equipment such as jacks, hand trucks, jib cranes, etc.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top