Quality Inspection Manager
We are looking for an experienced, quality professional leader who:
• Would be excited to join a leading top tier global aerospace & defense enterprise
• Has a long standing passion for electronics and software technology innovation
• Is a good fit for a business that is regarded by its customers as a world class innovator across a broad span of technologies in the space, air, land, and sea domains in both defense and commercial applications
• Enjoys working with and coaching team members to continuously improve execution success across portfolios, programs and projects
• Is motivated by staying on the leading edge of innovation and best practices in quality science and Lean Six Sigma and can guide an enterprise on how best to incorporate changes in products and processes as value driving activities
• Will locate at the Electronics Combat Solutions Business Area on Canal Street in Nashua, NH, one hour from Boston, MA.
The role is responsible for the effective performance of the Quality inspection team to meet the demands of ramp to rate. In this position you will work closely with operations personnel, Quality Engineers and Managers, and BAE Systems counterparts to provide value-added solutions in concert with Zero Defect plans and support toward achieving near term goals, scheduling, and throughput improvement objectives in the manufacturing process.
- Manages/coaches a team of inspection supervisors to provide real time inspection support over multiple shifts in several factories located in Nashua, NH
- Initiates cross-training and initial training programs that encompass all aspects of the quality inspection to expand and improve coverage and personnel qualifications.
- Develops manpower planning and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected needs to meet ramp to rate. Includes the scheduling of overtime and the cost-effective use of temporary services.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing supervision and management to coordinate inspection needs to meet demand identified at regular production meetings .
- Develops a work scheduling system that responds to priorities and day requirements in each inspection location. Refines systems to provide a "look-ahead" capability to streamline throughput and resolve chronic obstacles or delays.
- Establishes effective lines of communication and feedback with manufacturing general supervisors, and Quality Engineers to ensure prompt attention and resolution of conditions that adversely affect quality or throughput.
- Monitors, maintains, or develops performance reporting systems relative to the effectiveness of the inspection and initiates necessary action based upon results.
- Develops and maintains employee development and participation programs that achieve the individuals' potential and added value to the organization. Extends the program to all levels from inspector to supervisor.
- Utilizes Lean Six Sigma tools to improve inspection processes and yield
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Green Belt Certified
Lean Manufacturing experience
Proficient in MS Office, Minitab, Oracle.
Experience with P-FMEA, controls plans and cpk
Preferred Skills and Education
Certified Black Belt
APQP - AS9145 experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top