Quality Engineering Technologist II: Certified Weld Inspector
The BAE Systems site in Anniston, Alabama supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Engineering Technologist II: Certified Weld Inspector. In this role, the Engineering Tech will:
- Develop and write inspection plans;
- Read, comprehend, and apply blueprint skills;
- Utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) concepts;
- Monitor Statistical Process Control (SPC) run charts and data files;
- Process non-conformances for disposition;
- Provide technical quality support to production and engineering.
- Perform NDT Processes as a Certified Level II when required.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
This position requires experience either via a bachelors in a related engineering field plus two (2) years experience or overall experience in such related disciplines including Weld and Non-Destructive Testing Level I and/or Level II certifications for the following NDT Processes:
- Electromagnetic (ET)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle (MT)
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Visual Testing (VT)
- Basic computer literacy required in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints.
- Well versed in GD&T principles and applications.
- Ability to read and understand raw material specifications.
Experience in the following is not required but is a plus:
- ORACLE MRP system;
- First article inspection preparation;
- Writing inspection plans;
- Laser scanner inspection technology.
- A3 Problem Solving and Methodology
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top