Quality Engineer II
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Quality Engineer II.
The Engineer will:
- Collaborate with customer, quality, and engineering to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost-effective production.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and material related issues.
- Identify problems, examine solution options, implement action plans, and provide resources.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce commitment to quality improvement efforts.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes.
- Review and analyze results.
- Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of customers.
- Coordinate with Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and other functions and programs to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Determine and apply appropriate measurement system analysis tools.
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required for a Quality Engineer II include:
- Experience in supporting qualification testing;
- Ability to conduct test readiness reviews;
- Knowledge in failure analysis;
- Stong communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to multi-task using organization and administrative skills;
- Aptitude to maintain confidentiality;
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite);
- Project and time management skills;
- Understanding of statistics;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Aptitude to use creativity to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Master Black Belt or Black Belt is preferred;
- Qualifications as a CQE, CQM, or CQA a plus!
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top