Quality Engineer II
BAE Systems is hiring for a Quality Engineer II to join our team in Louisville, KY. In this role, the Quality Engineer:
- Maintains, controls, and develops inspection plans, work instructions, and standards on complex sub assemblies, assemblies and systems;
- Provides work direction and technical support to inspection personnel on processes, procedures, and product acceptance;
- Reviews and corrects documentation deficiencies generated during the manufacturing cycle. This includes review of data packages containing inspection and test documentation, configuration sheet, drawing, and discrepant material report (DMR);
- Performs independent audits and provides training/technical support for improving internal in process quality checks throughout the manufacturing process;
- Coordinates with manufacturing, engineering, and DCMA to evaluate product quality issues and makes recommendations for corrective action;
- Offers technical assistance to engineering, program management, or manufacturing for estimating inspection hours and developing more efficient inspection processes. Provides input to group efforts related to complex problem resolution and corrective action;
- Provides lead internal auditor support and coordinate Internal Quality Audit Program in accordance with current ISO requirements.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors in engineering or a technical discipline or overall equivalent experience;
- Experience conducting root cause investigations using methods such as 5 Why, 8-D, Fishbone, etc.;
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal, required to create and update work instructions and process specifications, as well as develop positive relationships with other departments, employees at all levels and outside customer contacts;
- Great level of analytical ability required to analyze information, application problems, develop data, evaluate alternatives, determine potential impact and implement appropriate action;
- Computer skills to include MS Office Suite and related industry software.
Preferred but not required:
- Manufacturing experience within a machine shop, paint shop, weld shop, or plating shop;
- Lean/Six Sigma background or training;
- ASQ certification.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top