Quality Engineer I: Data Collection and Reporting
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Quality Engineer I (QE) to support Data Collection and Reporting.
In this role, the QE:
- Independently gathers, analyzes, and prepares recurring Quality Assurance (QA) metrics and reports across Combat Vehicle programs of various size and complexity.
- Advises using data and reports to illustrate new developments and trends that may adversely impact delivery schedule, program cost or overall product quality and conformance to requirements.
- Supports and responds to requests from the QA organization regarding program, business and systems data gathering, analysis and presentation.
- Serves as a lead, training, mentoring, and developing new team members.
- Develops and implements tools and procedures to aid in the strategic execution of quality processes and procedures.
- Independently develops data and reporting solutions to a variety of complex problems, requiring a high degree of initiative and innovation and creativity.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (Engineering, Business or Information Systems) or the overall equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Relevant Bachelor's degree (typically Engineering, Business or Information Systems) OR three (3) years QA/Operations experience;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation);
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience and/or proven ability to use other data analysis and reporting software packages including SAP BusinessObjects.
- Earned value knowledge and experience a plus!
- Knowledge and familiarity of basic quality concepts and their application extremely beneficial in this role.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top