- Huntsville, AL
BAE Systems is seeking a Quality Director that will lead the Quality Management System in a newly constructed BAE Systems facility in Huntsville, AL. This individual will be the instrumental in acquiring the site Quality certification and be the primary interface to the Registrar. This individual will be responsible for the deployment of the Quality Program across the site, including functional deployment, inclusive of Engineering, Finance, Operations and Contracts. The personnel portfolio will include Program Quality Engineers as well as Inspectors. The Quality Director will provide support to the business area in the areas of quality assurance, continuous improvement and lifecycle management. In this role, you will work closely with senior leadership to provide value-added solutions and support. The successful candidate:
- Enjoys working with and coaching quality personnel as well as those across functions to continuously improve execution success across programs.
- Has the ability to influence in a dynamic environment and respond to changing customer and market demands
- Posses strong communication and presentation skills to facilitate effective communication at all levels of the organization and across multiple cultures as well as into the customer or partner community
- Needs to be a hands-on leader willing to take responsibility for resolving technical challenges, ensuring successful tactical execution, as well as creating and implementing the strategic vision
- Has an agile leadership style and able to adjust one's approach to fit the situation as a driver, coach, mentor, or teacher
- A visible leader who takes a collaborative approach with others and comes across as approachable
- Relates well with individuals at all levels of the organization, builds appropriate rapport, constructive and effective relationship.
Develops, implements and maintains the Quality Management System for the Huntsville facility in accordance with AS9100D. Is responsible to acquire Registrar Certification of the site. Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining program quality plans and procedures. Responsible for establishing a facility quality presence. Ensures that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies and data related to production. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
Responsible to drive permanent irreversible corrective actions using quality science tools via 8d methodology. Integrates APQP/PPAP for key products utilizing PF, PFMEA, Control Plan, Capability Studies, and MSA. Interfaces with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions, dispositions, process optimization and modifications.
Required Skills and Education
- Experiences in working and developing a Quality Management System to meet the requirements of AS9100D.
- AS9145 APQP/PPAP experience
- Green Belt or Black Belt is required
- When applying to this role, the applicant must have an Active Secret clearance or higher at time of application
- Master's Degree in technical field
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top