Quality Assurance Tech II
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Electronic Combat Systems (ECS):
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
Under limited supervision, performs visual/mechanical inspections on moderate to complex components, assemblies, subassemblies and systems spares to ensure compliance to applicable quality specifications and standards.
Required Skills and Education
Minimum skill requirements are:
- Must be able to meet specified certification requirements per Company and customer standards.
- Must have 7-10 years manufacturing experience with a minimum of 6 years of electronics inspection experience with military hardware requiring IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 specifications.
- Must have the ability to read assembly drawings, process sheets and other related documentation used for the inspection of components, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Ability to utilize various inspection tools such as Vernier's, microscopes, gauges, etc..
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Conducts internal compliance audits across all program functions to maintain certification or equivalent compliance type audits.
- Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity. Included in this task is validating configuration of product for shipment.
- Performs First Article Inspection activities and report generation as required by program quality team.
Preferred Skills and Education
Certified to IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
Previously worked in a circuit card/module/final factory environment for a defense related business.
Current Secret Security Clearance or higher.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top