Quality Assurance Specialist IV
- Jacksonville, FL
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in Ship Repair We offer a flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community, driven to improve our future, protect our freedom - and what matters.
We are seeking a Quality Inspector who embraces challenges and is a motivated self-starter. This position will be an integral part of a diverse team of professionals and subject matter experts fulfilling challenging technical requirements in a dynamic environment. As the Quality Assurance Department Lead, the Quality Inspector will support both urgent short duration projects and longer term requirements. Project team activities include development of Test Inspection Plans, in-process quality surveillances, Non-destructive Testing, and Project certification for crafts and subcontractors. The Quality Inspector Lead oversees and manages the technical project(s) and serves as a liaison between project management, planning, project team, line management, and the quality departments for Subcontractor, Commercial, and Government oversight. Prepares quality execution plan and identifies technical requirements and resolves issues associated with product conformance. Reviews status of projects as it pertains to schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
The following duties are typical of the position:
1. Responsible for the leadership on Quality Management for a project, or portions of multiple projects, within established guidelines.
2. Capable of managing the constraint of scope, schedule, and quality for assigned projects
3. Primary Liaison with customers (internal) and other contractors (external) as it pertains to the execution of the quality plan.
4. Executes processes and procedures to meet management and project requirements.
5. Develops briefs and/or reports on the status of assigned projects.
6. Ensures quality assurance requirements are met.
7. Initiates corrective action to support task problems and failures
8. Surveillances of acceptance testing for organic crafts, and subcontracted work
9. Development of Testing sequence for stage 1 through 7 testing
10. Evaluation of product conformance using Nondestructive testing methods-Visual, Penetrant, Magnetic, and Ultrasonic Testing
11. Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
Microsoft Office- Word Access, Excel
Non Destructive Testing- Visual- Certification
Non Destructive Testing - Penetrant Test-Certification
Non Destructive Testing Ultrasonic- Documented Hours
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Naval Standard Items
Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual
Blueprint Reading- able to read and comprehend specifications, standards, and drawings
Advanced Microsoft Office- EXCEL, One Note
Experience managing a quality program in support of government contracts, preferably DoD
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top