Quality Assurance Specialist
BAE Systems, one of the world's largest defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Quality Assurance Specialist at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN.
Quality Assurance Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a Quality Assurance Representative for a family of products.
- Ensure compliance to Product Specifications, Contractual Requirements, Data Deliverables, and QMS requirements.
- Perform product audits and surveillance in the production and laboratory areas.
- Coordinate/lead product investigations and customer complaints to determine root cause, corrective actions and preventative actions.
- Perform data entry into government data systems (MHP and WAWF).
- Generate all corresponding quality documents for release of product to the customer.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree and 6 years manufacturing experience, including quality experience or equivalent training and experience.
Experience in performing root cause analysis investigations.
Excellent problem solving skills and analytical ability.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree in management or technical discipline and/or 3-5 years in chemical manufacturing.
One of the following: ASQ Certification as a Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, company sponsored Quality Certification, or demonstration of skills through past performance.
High proficiency in Quality tools and principles.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top