Quality Analyst II
The BAE Systems York, Pennsylvania site supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Quality Analyst II . In this role, the Quality Analyst will use their knowledge in Quality systems, processes, workflows, reports, and documentation to directly support the BAE Systems Supplier Quality Team.
- Review purchase orders relative to Supplier Quality requirements;
- Manage the Supplier Quality Systems mailboxes and content;
- Review Supplier Quality Contractual Deliverable Requirements (CDR) and Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) requirements flow-down to Suppliers;
- Evaluate compliance of supplier documents submitted to BAE Systems relative to the Contract (Purchase Order), Drawings, Specifications, and other pertinent documents;
- Manage, evaluate, and create reports in various software applications on high volumes of data to support the risk assessment, audit strategy, metrics charts and presentation materials.
- Support Receiving Quality Inspector to resolve non-conformances in received materials.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Administrative working experience with a Quality Management System;
- Fundamental knowledge and ability to interpret applicable contracts, drawings, and specifications, including GD&T;
- Specific knowledge in Supplier Quality Contractual Deliverable requirements (CDR) flow-downs;
- Ability to evaluate compliance of Supplier documents submitted to BAE Systems relative to the Contract (Purchase Order), Drawings, Specifications and other pertinent documents.
- Fundamental knowledge in the Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) requirements and flow-downs;
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Able to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills;
- Ability to develop, interface, coordinate, and maintain professional, effective relationships across departments, with internal and external customers, including suppliers;
- Planning, time management, and organization skills;
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite and industry related software applications;
- Ability to manage, evaluate, and create documents and reports on high volumes of data to support the risk assessment, audit strategy, metrics charts, and presentation materials;
- Ability to exercise discretion and make decisions using independent and sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Continuously maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends and applications;
- Required to maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with Safety Objectives and Policies.
Preferred but not required experience or background:
- ASQ certifications (CQE, etc.)
- Part Production Approval Process (PPAP)
- Advanced Quality Product Planning (APQP)
- Data analysis
- MS Excel expert level proficiency
- MS PowerPoint
- Oracle ERP or similar
- Visual BASIC
- DoD manufacturing environment
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top