BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyard is hiring a QA Inspector for our Quality Assurance (QA) Department. The candidate will report directly to the QA Manager. The candidate will interact and interface with the company’s program team members (ship superintendents, project managers, program managers, etc.) craft managers, planning department, subcontractors, and customer representatives. The selected candidate will be responsible for v rification of specifications, drawings, and standards to ensure compliance with specification and material requirements. Observe check points identified in the work specifications when they are presented by the sub-contractor or shipyard to ensure all repairs and modifications meets specification requirements. Perform and document in-process and final inspections, as required by the contract inspections plan. Perform hydrostatic testing of valves, verify seat to disc contact, perform shafting inspections, and inspect rudders and rudder stocks upon final installation. Inspect turbine casings and other relevant areas and equipment. Oversee the electrical and electronics systems; inspect radar systems within the ship, sonar systems, switchboards, test fire control systems, test lighting circuits and circuit breakers and witness operational tests of motors onboard USN/USNS ships. Assure quality, reliability, dependability and safety of all repairs completed. Conduct daily surveillances to ensure compliance to contract requirements. Monitor BAE Systems personnel and subcontractor in-process work. Serve as a NAVSEA NBPI and/or NACE Certified Coatings Inspector and Passive Counter Measure Systems Inspector to perform quality assurance for U.S. Navy ship painting systems and ensure these meet NAVSEA Standards for critical coated and non-critical coated areas including decks for aviation flight decks (VERTREP) and UNREP, chain lockers, underwater hulls, tanks, voids, and other specified areas. Proactively attend daily Plan of Day (POD) meetings for assigned ships to interface with members of the Ship’s Force, Government customer, project management, trades, and subcontractors. During these POD meetings, ability to provide current project status and related information and to ensure on time completion and early action of any problems encountered. Ability to document and report deficient work and make recommendations for corrective actions. Correspond with Government customer on Corrective Actions Reports (CARs). Develop Process Control Procedures (PCPs) and QA Test and Inspection Plans (T&I Plans) for assigned contract/availabilities. Other duties as assigned. Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED
- Handle physically demanding environments (rain, wind, heat, heights, confined spaces, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring that company Safety, Quality and Performance Goals are aggressively pursued.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam.
- Must be able to work from 6am to 2:30pm M-F and overtime and weekends as needed
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint).
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings. Ensure that inter-departmental relations are maintained.
- Ensure that requirements of the safety handbook are properly followed and enforced.
- Perform similar, incidental and other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Education Previous experience in Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance.
Understanding of Government specifications and NAVSEA Standard Items.
Have 3+ years of Maritime/Ship Repair experience and/or Naval related industry.
NAVSEA Basic Paint Inspector (NBPI) and/or NACE Preservation Certifications.
Passive Counter Measure Systems Inspector (PCMS) certification and/or PCMS installation experience.
Understanding and experience in welding and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level II experience with PT/MT/UT to conduct visual inspections of completed welds to assure they meet the acceptance criteria.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top