QA Administrative Assistant I
BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyards is looking for an Administrative Assistant I for our Quality Assurance Department.
- Collects necessary documentation from checkpoints and required reports to close out the Test and Inspection Plans for all availabilities.
- Updates of Test & Inspection Plans with Request for Contract Changes (RCCs) and key event milestones as provided by Project Managers and Integrated Test Coordinator.
- Provide weekly Test & Inspection Plan Status for all availabilities to all PMO, Manager, Trades and Sub-Contractors for review. Reviews for accuracy and submits Condition Found Reports (CFRs) to the Government customer for each PCP (i.e. Cofferdam, Chlorination, Chemical Cleaning, Stability, Tie Downs/Pull Test, etc.), NDT Report, Preservation CAPS sheet and completed preservation package on all ship availabilities.
- Enters approved CFRs into the IMS database system and responsible for notifying the PMO/ENG on the rejected NDT reports need adjudication.
- Completes and complies the BAE Systems HSY Project Status Reports for Corporate Ship Repair.
- Compiles data from various departments to create and complete the monthly Process Performance Matrix.
- Responsible for the timely call out and scheduling of Government checkpoints for all Trades and Sub-Contractors and submitting the necessary paperwork via Access/Excel and NMDr databases.
- Updates information in NMDR database with checkpoint callouts and completions.
- Monitors various documents to ensure that the format is correct and appropriate policies and procedures are correctly carried out.
- Complies, catalogues and maintains information on materials and documents. May interface with requestors and direct them to a location of specific items.
- Maintain meeting minutes and coordinate action items to ensure completion.
- Types reports, correspondence, forms, charts and drafts, in which format and termsare complex and do not follow a standard pattern.
- Proofreads records, forms, letters and other documentation for typographical and other mistakes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must be a US citizen or Naturalized citizen
- Must be able to work from 6am to 2:30pm and overtime as needed
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to utilize office equipment including copiers, scanners and fax machines
- Must be detailed oriented
- Previous experience with government databases
- Previous ship repair experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top