BAE System / OSI is now interviewing for a Purchasing Supervisor for the Radford, VA location. As a working Purchasing Supervisor, you will be responsible for the review of purchase orders and vendor contracts for a wide variety of commodities. You will oversee the ordering of materials and supplies from vendors and act as a primary liaison between internal customers and Purchasing Department for discrepancy resolutions. You will manage departmental operations in the absence of the Purchasing Manager.
- Ensure assigned staff maintains on-time processing of orders
- Manage the reassignment of orders based on available staffing.
- Identify and assist with resolving issues that delay material deliveries.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of the purchasing function.
- Responsible for ensuring all orders are processed in a timely manner.
- Ability to Multitask and communicate with various departments throughout the company.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess initiative.
- Ability to work independently and perception needed to spot obvious discrepancies while processing information.
- Must be a team player and work well with procurement personnel as well as with the internal customer.
- This position will be considered a working supervisor with little authority for personnel actions.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facilities in Kingsport, TN and Radford, VA, we do this by developing safer explosives and propellants for our government and commercial customers. Holston and Radford AAPs have provided high quality explosives and propellants for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top