Proposal Manager II
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated leader to provide hands-on proposal management and support to strategic proposals within Electronic Systems. Home office for this job is in southern New Hampshire. Major activities include driving capture teams for superior readiness to bid, planning proposal, leading the development of superior proposal products, and implementing a repeatable process across the business. This role requires a thorough understanding of the US Department of Defense Source Selection acquisition process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Develop and implement new business proposal strategies for achieving company / program new business objectives
• Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post-Proposal Phase
• Plan and manage priority/strategic proposals for the Electronic Systems Sector as assigned
• Proactive communications with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission
• Provide guidance, direction and leadership to proposal contributors, proposal coordinators, technical writers and graphic artists
• Coach and train proposal teams on the development of complex, compliant and compelling proposal responses to RFPs and RFIs.
• Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, and remain current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
• Demonstrate proposal process expertise and ability to tailor as appropriate, including the ability to guide proposal team members on proposal processes for emerging rapid acquisition models (e.g., OTAs, QRCs, etc.)
• Ensure win strategy, technical solution, management approach, win themes, value propositions, compliance are clearly articulated and consistent across proposal volumes
• Ensure key strategy artifacts are flowed down to the team and captured in the proposal outline
• Oversee/produce proposal outlines, kickoff documentation, storyboards, mock-ups, compliance matrices, and proposal deliverables
• Develop and maintain proposal schedules, and drive proposal team adherence to the schedule
• Lead Daily Stand-up status meetings and track action items
• Analyze and shred Request for Proposal (RFP) documents for requirements, prepare proposal milestone schedules, outlines and cross reference matrixes
• Oversee development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposal products
• Lead proposal color reviews (Pink & Red Teams) to include scheduling, organizing, facilitating, inviting, review preparation and conduct, and supporting comment summation, adjudication, and final inclusion
• Oversee proposal writing team, review proposal content, and monitor quality of writing.
• Perform quality check for accuracy and compliance of all proposal sections and volumes
• Lead proposal teams in post-submittal activities such as Evaluation Notices (EN), Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs), orals, lessons learned, etc.
• Assist in ensuring the Proposal Center work spaces are well-maintained for the proposal teams
• Stay current on the latest Proposal Development tools and best practices
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of work experience
- 5 years supporting US Federal proposals
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance or higher
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years of work experience
- 10 years supporting US Department of Defense proposals
- PMP certification
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top