BAE Systems Ship Repair Corporate business is seeking a Proposal Manager. The Proposal Manager will work for the Director, Proposal Strategy and shall be responsible for serving as an individual contributor in the capacity of a Proposal Manager for key strategic opportunities being pursued by BAE Systems Ship Repair. This position is critical to maintaining the current customer base and growing the business. The Proposal Manager will support the proposal development process, ensure on-time delivery of compliant, and well-written proposals.
The responsibilities of the position are as follows: Support the analysis of solicitations and develop response to Request For Proposals(RFPs) and Request For Information (RFI) through the advancement of technical plans, proposal outlines, and the development of technical proposals which includes:
- Support proposal “Data Call” development process, meetings, detailed proposal plans,schedules, outlines, compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development
- Support the written development all proposal materials including but not limited to: proposal outline, compliance matrix, proposal management plan, proposal kick-off meeting materials,storyboard and writing plans
- Support proposal team kickoffs, in depth research, and technical writing assignments and instill positive team culture
- Support pre-proposal activities, including capture plan and win plan development,management reviews, and draft RFP activities
- Support the “Pink Team, Red Team and Gold Team” review processes and redirect comments,graphics etc., back into the refinement of the proposal sections
- Communicate deadlines and timing of respective responses/documents throughout the process and ensure deadlines are met
- Support the monitoring of proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements,evaluation criteria, and technical requirements
- Works with Director,Proposal Strategy to ensure effective integration of win strategies, themes and discriminators
- Understanding of “spin” and ghosting” techniques
- Provide support to ensure that proposals are consistent across all volumes by staying involved with the development of all volumes, including technical, cost,contracts and past performance
- Provide guidance and support to authors, volume leads, and capture managers to ensure proposals are clear and concise. Provide support during production, including editing, desktop publishing, printing,book checking, etc.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, ethical conduct, and professionalism with regard to proprietary and sensitive information.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Sound understanding of concepts and procedures within a fast changing area. In-depth knowledge of how proposal process integrates within the function and awareness of competition. Support management responsibility including the management of a team of professionals, planning for the team’s future needs and operations. Requires advanced conceptual thinking in complex/and or completely new situations. Responsibility directly impacts the professional/technical direction and strategy. Must be a skilled communicator who influences and shapes the image of a complex program, business area, or sector. Negotiates internally and externally at high levels and with persons of influence
- Experience in proposals, business development/sales, and/or sales operations functions, inclusive of technical writing and managing large scale, complex, strategic proposals (typically valued at >$100M) to Government Customers across Defense, Intelligence, and Civilian sectors
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include business and technical writing and editing
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
Preferred Skills and Education Master’s Degree and 6 years of proposal work experience or equivalent experience
Previous work experience in Government contracts and information technology preferred
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top