- Merrimack, NH
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated leader to provide hands-on proposal management and support to strategic proposals within Electronic Systems, with a primary focus on FAST Labs Business Area.
FAST Labs innovates science, technology, and engineering breakthroughs for some of the toughest technology challenges in the defense, aerospace, power and propulsion, and security industries. This research and development (R&D) business, within BAE Systems' Electronic Systems sector, collaborates with business areas across the company's global enterprise to develop and implement advanced technology capabilities in the areas of advanced electronics, autonomy, cyber, electronic warfare, and sensors and processing.
FAST Labs' R&D programs are funded primarily by science and technology R&D organizations within the U.S. Department of Defense, including Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Army Research Laboratory (ARL), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA), and Office of Naval Research (ONR), as well as internal R&D investments and classified customers.
This position will report to the FAST Labs Director of Proposals, which is part of the Business Winning function within Business Development.
This position will primarily support efforts in southern New Hampshire and/or Burlington, MA, and will include some travel on occasion. Major activities include: driving capture teams for superior readiness-to-bid; proposal planning; providing just-in-time training; leading the development of compliant proposal products; ensuring on-time delivery; and implementing a repeatable process across the business. This role requires an understanding of the U.S. Department of Defense source selection acquisition process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post-Proposal Phase for priority/strategic proposals for the FAST Labs business area, as assigned
• Coach and train proposal teams on the development of complex, compliant and compelling proposal responses to BAAs, RFPs and RFIs
• Produce and manage proposal outlines, kickoff documentation, storyboards, mock-ups, compliance matrices, and proposal deliverables
• Develop and maintain proposal schedules, and drive proposal team in adherence to the schedule from beginning to end, ensuring early deliver to the customer
• Lead daily status meetings and track action items
• Analyze and shred Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents for requirements to drive compliance
• Lead proposal color reviews to include scheduling, organizing, facilitating, preparing, conducting, and supporting comment summation, adjudication, and final inclusion
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with varying personalities across all functions
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Provide support, as directed, to overall Proposal Development organization on other priority proposals and projects as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of proposal management experience (3 years supporting U.S. Government proposals)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Active Secret clearance or higher
- Experience supporting DARPA and/or other R&D-type proposals
- APMP certification
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top