The GEOINT-ISR business is seeking a Proposal Manager reporting directly to the Proposal Development Center (PDC) Manager for the GEOINT-ISR business unit. This position will work closely with business development, program areas, and staff leadership to manage the proposal development process and to ensure on-time delivery of compliant, well-written proposals.
This position is critical to maintaining the current customer base and growing the business. The responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Analyze RFPs and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans
- Direct proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, as well as prepare detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development and production
- Monitor proposal schedules and ensure proposal deadlines (both internal and external) are met. Communicate deadlines and timing of respective responses/documents throughout the process;
- Lead proposals using best practices, methodologies and corporate discipline
- Monitor proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements
- Ensure proposal is consistent across all volumes by staying involved with the development of all volumes, including technical, cost, contracts, past performance
- Provide writing guidance to authors, volume leads, and capture managers to ensure proposals are clear and concise
- Work closely with capture management, engineering, and business development to complete the formulation of “win strategies and themes” (taking into account strategic relationships, competitor intelligence, etc.) and ensure the message is articulated throughout the proposal
- Support pre-proposal activities, including capture plan and win plan development, management reviews, and draft RFP activities
- Support management approval and reviews during proposal development
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, ethical conduct, and professionalism with regard to proprietary and sensitive information
- Provide support during production, including editing, desktop publishing, printing, book checking, etc.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience in proposals, business development/sales, and/or sales operations functions, inclusive of technical writing. Previous supervisory experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include business and technical writing and editing
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and manage multiple priorities
Preferred Skills and Education
- Previous work experience in Government contracts and information technology preferred
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top