BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyard is hiring Proposal Analyst in our Planning/Estimating Department. The candidate will report directly to the Director of Planning. The candidate will interact with various department heads and their teams. The selected candidate will assist in the development of technical specifications and associated financial proposal packages. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting technical and financial data to facilitate the preparation of proposals, to provide support for the contract negotiation process, and to provide budgets for awarded contracts.
- Perform the development of technical specifications using the Navy Maintenance Database, technical manuals, procedures and drawings.
- Perform proposal activities including the development of pricing of labor, material and subcontractors, preparing proposal narratives, risk assessments, business case analysis in support of proposal and/or new business efforts in accordance with company policies and customer requirements.
- Provide support to key/strategic maintenance availability activities and proposals.
- Compile cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develop cost models to support proposal efforts.
- Performs ship checks inspection to determine additional work scope information to support of the technical work specification and associated estimate. Travel may be required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Bachelor Degree or Associates degree and 2 years of experience or HS Diploma/GED and 6 years of experience
- Able to read and comprehend technical manuals and drawings
- Must be able to accomplish onboard ship inspections
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must be able to work from 6am to 2:30pm M-F and overtime as needed
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to board ship and have the ability to climb up and down stairs
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- Ensure that inter-departmental relations are maintained.
Preferred Skills and Education – Previous ship repair and/or maritime industry
- Previous experience with ship repair planning and/or estimating
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top