Project Technical Lead I, FAST LABS RF EW and Adv Electronics
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a Program Technical Lead / Program Engineering Manager (PTL/PEM) in the RF/EW and Advanced Electronics product line. FAST Labs RF/EW and Advanced Electronics is the premier research and development arm for BAE Systems in the domain of RF Electronic Warfare. These projects focus on the development of new concepts and technologies that are on the leading edge in the RF EW and Advanced Electronics domain. The primary customers are Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), other government R&D labs, and technology transition customers.
The PTL will establish and manage an effective engineering team to support a large program or several small programs to meet established cost, schedule and technical requirements. The PTL works alongside program management and functional engineering to manage and lead effective engineering execution on the program. The PTL coordinates engineering activities on the assigned program(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet program commitments.
The candidate will need to have the ability to lead the execution of advanced technical projects with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of engineers and academically strong researchers. The ideal candidate would have exposure to multiple technical domains having worked complex multi-disciplinary research programs. This position functions across multiple tech directorates and organizations to collaborate and drive program success.
• Accountable to meet the overall cost, schedule and technical performance of the integrated engineering teams for projects through the entire life cycle.
• Create effective and cohesive teams by integrating architects, subject matter experts, and technical leads to address all aspects of the product life cycle.
• Work with and support other discipline leads in their responsibilities to effectively staff programs/projects with effective leadership to ensure project success.
• Define and manage product architecture and product evolution. Create and manage architectural views to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration.
• Develop winning technical solutions and proposals to grow the business. Ensure preparation and approval of competitive engineering bids that are executable and meet established price-to-win targets.
• Drive innovation and growth through improved collaboration methods across multiple levels, functions, and business areas.
• Develop strategy and roadmap for product technology.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• An active Secret security clearance and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance is required.
• 8+ years of technical leadership, management, and decision making in EW electronics system concepts. development, design/development, production, and sustainment relevant to the family of products and associated missions and applications.
• Ability to formulate strategic vision, strategies and implement action plans to achieve goals in a changing environment.
• Proven ability to lead, manage, and inspire a technical staff with diverse experience and technical views.
• Strong project management and product development skills with a practical understanding of Systems Engineering and DoD product development lifecycle.
• Demonstrated performance management, mentoring, coaching and communication skills.
• Competent in Engineering talent management, development, and acquisition
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top