Project Technical Lead
BAE Systems is seeking experienced and driven engineering professionals to join our rapidly expanding engineering team developing active EO/IR systems. We are looking for a Product Technical Lead (PTL) who can coordinate and manage the program engineering activities from early development phases through the transition of designs into production. The successful candidate will serve as the Engineer Manager responsible developing complex active EO/IR products. Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative solutions that will meet critical customer needs.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage engineering cost, schedule and technical scope on the program
- Serve as the Engineering focal point for the project for integrated plans, issues reporting, risk management, etc.
- Serve as technical liaison to the customer
- Coordinate technical input for proposals and participate in subsequent contract negotiations
- Coordinate with functional engineering organizations to ensure the program is adequately staffed for successful execution
- Manage risks and opportunities in cooperation with the project leadership team
- Ensure the engineering team adhere to all aspects of company policy with respect security, safety, export control, ethics and engineering rigor
- Work with customer to maintain notional schedule of program activities
- Mentor and guide younger engineers involved in program activities
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific Field and 8+ years work experience with at least 3 years as a lead Engineer/Project leader/SEM or equivalent
- US Citizen with an Active Secret clearance
- Experience leading small multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software and systems engineers.
- Experience managing cost and schedule as well as technical work
- Experience in the development of EO/IR Active Subsystems (Lasers or Cameras)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience implementing systems engineering practices and working knowledge of DoD product development lifecycle.
- Experience writing proposals.
- Working knowledge of EVMS systems and Project management tools such as CPI and IMS
- Experience in the development of EO/IR Active Systems (LIDAR, IRCM, Targeting, or Free space Optical Comms)
- Experience in transitioning optical or laser based systems into production
- Prior PTL, PEM or relevant technical management experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top