Project Technical Lead
BAE Systems is looking for a Product Technical Lead (PTL) for our Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions business area.
In this role you will:
• Coordinate and manage the engineering activities on the assigned project(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet project commitments.
• Serve as the Engineering focal point for the project for integrated plans, issues reporting, risk management, etc.
• Coordinate technical input for proposals and participate in subsequent contract negotiations
• Interface with project management, engineering cost account managers, design teams and functional engineering organizations to obtain agreement on allocated requirements, to resolve/clarify/revise system level requirements issues and ambiguities in configuration item design during the program development phase.
• Review all technical changes to requirements from the program office. Coordinate the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensure implementation and consistent design integrity.
• Review and monitor metrics on the project and provide technical support to the program manager.
• Interface with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed.
• Approve engineering cost account manager assignments for the project.
• Manage risks and opportunities in cooperation with the assigned system engineering manager and across other teams
• Conduct technical bid reviews and independent design reviews
• Coordinate training requirements with functional managers to ensure specific skill sets and capabilities are established and maintained
• Update and maintain Staffing tool to accurately reflect staffing requirements and functional allocations
• Work with customer to maintain notional schedule of program activities
• Mentor and guide engineers involved in program activities
Project Specific PTL Requirements:
• Provide technical leadership for the Common Missile Warning System (CMWS) Depot Tester
• Cost Account Manager for engineering
o Responsible for estimates, statuses, ETCs, etc.
• Prime customer POC for all technical issues - REQUIRES strong communication ability - both written and verbal
• Lead all reliability tracking and actions for depot tester utilized for CMWS Line Replacable Units (LRUs) including coordination of sparing and repairs.
• Manage any pop-up product issues as needed - drive to root cause and corrective action
o NCs and depot issues with an LRU repair
o FSR issues - work to answer questions and provide data and direction for issues
o Customer questions and issues - drive to answer questions and provide closure to actions quickly
o PMO requests
• Manage depot repair process improvements to limit the number of process-induced failures
o Help operations manage depot repairs in Tobyhanna Army Depot
o Help identify areas of improvement and process simplification
• Manage the staffing needed to accomplish the assigned tasks
• Act as the link between the programs and engineering management
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Requirements include the above listed plus:
Required education: Bachelor Degree
• 8 years of development life cycle experience in DoD programs
• Cost Account Experience
• Team Leadership Experience
• Experience interfacing and briefing customer and upper management
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred experience includes: • Test Station Development experience
• TPS development experience
• CMWS experience
• CLS experience
• Prior PTL or PEM experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top