Project Mgr III - Tech
BAE Systems is seeking Guidance Navigation & Control Engineers to support the Air Force's next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system acquisition. Our customer is the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Office located at Hill AFB, north of Salt Lake City, Utah. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075.
This position will be in the Burlington MA area in support of the GBSD Program Office at Hill AFB.
Specifically BAE Systems is seeking a highly qualified GN&C Engineer with extensive experience in radiation effects, survivability, and design hardening of strategic inertial navigation systems. A background in radiation science and detection, modeling and simulation, hardware and software development, data analysis and software algorithms is essential. Required skills and experience in this area include:
- Development of radiation hardened guidance hardware
- Analysis of radiation effects of ionizing dose, displacement damage, SGEMP, IEMP, and single event effects on semiconductor devices, electronic circuits, and materials
- Radiation transport analysis of space and strategic radiation environments that include neutrons, protons, electrons, heavy ions, x-rays, and gammas
- SPICE circuit simulations of the transient and degraded radiation effect responses
- Design and analysis of radiation shielding
- Design and execution of radiation tests of sensors, modules, and systems to verify performance and evaluate potential vulnerabilities and effects
- Experience with radiation effects test simulators such as flash x-ray machines for prompt dose and dose rate effects; cobalt-60 irradiators; fast burst reactors; and cyclotron facilities for proton and heavy ion SEE effects
Additionally, this position will require the ability to work with coworkers in other facilities and the mentoring of junior and mid-level guidance engineers.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top