Project Mgr I - BCM
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The Business Continuity Manager (BCM) analyzes factors and components of systems to develop, manage, and maintain a Business Continuity Planning and Information Technology Disaster Recovery (BCP/ITDR) program which supports our customer requirements outlined in the National Preparedness Policy, National Preparedness Scenarios, and/or customer-specific risk assessments. The BCM detects inefficiencies or conflicts in systems and processes to identify and facilitate communications between customers, SME's and Technical staff to implement effective improvements. The BCM maintains program situational awareness and ability to trigger contingency plans. The outcome of Business Continuity Manager responsibilities shall be to ensure sustainment and delivery of a BCP/ITDR program that supports and enhances program resilience. The BCM will report to the Operations Level Agreement Manager.
The contractor Business Continuity Manager shall:
- Support internal and external mission assurance program planning and operational implementation, performance measurement, and test, training and exercise activities.
- Program planning in support of cyber exercises associated with customers and interagency high-priority security plans. The position offers an excellent opportunity to work many offices within the DoD Intelligence Community organizations.
- Direct and monitor tracking resolution of actions that result from assessments, assist in coordinating exercises with IC and DoD partners, track orders for compliance, and review Open Source Intelligence indicators and Warning and Cyber Tippers for IC and DoD Vulnerabilities.
- Have in-depth working knowledge of current cyber security practices, doctrine, processes and technology to ensure mission success.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop the Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M) with metrics that deliver and sustain an integrated emergency management program complying with all National, Executive, DoD and IC directed program elements.
- Developing and implement a multi-year strategic management plan, linked to compliance with National, DoD, IC, and contractual requirements and metrics, that supports of Continuity of Operations and integrated Business Continuity execution, and risk management.
- Identify all program contractual compliance elements as they pertain to National, Executive, Federal, DoD, IC, and other applicable government statutes, directives and regulations, and provide insight into government and industry "best practices", industry standards governing mission assurance, continuity of operations, business continuity, disaster recovery, and planning. Requirements will include, but not limited to, developing a POA&M assigning contract resources with metrics towards continuous service improvement.
- Establish and maintain a foundational level continuity process based on federal guidance and best practices which meet contractual obligations. The foundation program must include an annual auditing process that spans daily operational status, enterprise management, periodic formal plan audits, and test, training and exercises inclusive of action plans.
- Maintain a process-oriented Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to include a monthly current program assessment, planning review, and support to leadership for government continuity planning metrics.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and improve program Continuity of Operations (COOP), and COOP Implementation to include support of, and training on, the seamless transition of Normal and Event Management activities; and develop into a repeatable and exercisable program process supporting COOP Operational Readiness.
- Develop and maintain continuity program documentation.
- Develop an integrated Continuity test, training and exercise (TT&E) program supp1ying and validating: the foundational level continuity process, standing plans and procedures; integrated and complementary with Emergency Management (EM) programs; and supporting remote operations and continuity of operations across multiple program locations. Requirements will include:
- Develop and maintain the program COOP Plan (updated as required, reviewed annually, and re-issued bi-annually per federal requirements) incorporating National Continuity Policy, National Implementation Plan and applicable persistent threat and emerging event directives as it applies to program COOP.
- Semi-annually review of Continuity Planning. The goal is to ensure that program critical infrastructure is available when required.
- On a monthly basis, develop, maintain, monitor, COOP Readiness Metrics and provide a means of displaying relevant Continuity of Operations Readiness Metrics and status.
- Provide assistance at Alternate Site locations. Requirements include conducting facility tours to Government Leadership, facilitating all alternate site TT&E (Test, Training & Evaluation) requirements, and ensuring all COOP requirements are met during a contingency event.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top