Project Mgr I - Admin
BAE Systems is looking for a Nuclear Surety Project Manager to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting the Minuteman III (MMIII) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. The Nuclear Surety Project Manager will be part of an integrated product team supporting the sustainment of ICBM-unique hardware, and ensuring nuclear surety, system safety and program protection requirements in one or more areas of electrical and nuclear command, control, and communications systems: Airborne Launch Control System, system software, hardened inter-site cable system, Minuteman coding system, system trainers, and other support equipment.
The Nuclear Surety Project Manager will augment organic resources by providing weapon system expertise support to the government customer to conduct an integrated engineering-level assessment of analysis, production, verification, validation, operation, maintenance, and problem resolution processes over the life cycle of the MMIII program to identify and mitigate design, production, and test deficiencies that could impact mission assurance.
The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the nuclear certification program to preserve the nuclear certification of MMIII
- Providing nuclear surety support and monitoring for compliance with applicable Department of Defense, United States Strategic Command, and Air Force directives, manuals and instructions
- Assisting with minimizing and managing the risk that counterfeit or maliciously altered parts may enter and degrade the MM-III system or introduce unknown content
- Reviewing and providing assessments on Nuclear Certification Impact Statements (NCIS); Certification Requirement Plans (CRP); the Program Protection Plan (PPP), Nuclear Safety Analysis Reports (NSAR); Nuclear Surety Evaluation Reports (NSER); Nuclear Surety Briefings, Point Papers, and White Papers; Safety & Nuclear Surety Technical Memoranda; source data for ICBM Technical Orders; and changes to the Master Nuclear Certification List (MNCL), Nuclear Certification Plans (NCP), Engineering Evaluation Reports (EER), and Software Certification Plans (SCP)
- Reviewing ICBM Technical Order change recommendations and Engineering Technical Analysis Requests
- Assisting in the completion of assigned action items from ICBM safety mishap investigations
- Developing working group meeting agendas, preparing and consolidating briefing materials, providing meeting minutes to participants, and drafting answers to action items assigned by other agencies or organizations.
This position is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico near Kirtland Air Force Base.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top