Project Manager - Technical
BASIC FUNCTIONS OFTHE JOB:
Oversees andmanages the technical project(s) and serves as a liaison between projectmanagement and planning, project team, and line management. Prepares projectexecution plan and identifies technical and business resources needed. Reviewsstatus of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, andclient-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provides technical and analyticalguidance to project team.
BUSINESS AREA BACKGROUND:
This Project Manager position is with the Range Instrumentation Products and Sustainment businessunit (IP&S), headquartered in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. BAE Systems has over 40 years of experiencein designing and manufacturing Instrumentation Radar Systems, Electro-OpticalSystems, Test Range Asset Modernizations and Upgrades. Our capabilities include design, fabricationand integration of hardware and software to support a wide variety of test rangerequirements including RF and Electro Optical (EO) TSPI Instrumentation, ThreatSimulators, CW Doppler and EO Behavioral Systems, Drop and No-Drop Bomb ScoringSystems, Telemetry Systems and Flight Termination Systems.
The technologies and resources of BAE Systems is dedicated to designing, manufacturing,integrating, and sustaining range products that are required for current testranges and programs envisioned for future test ranges, aviation test facilitiesand launch facilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties andresponsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in thejob. )
1. Facilitates the timely planning of the project consistent with contractual requirements and objectives
2. Assigns areas of responsibility for the project and communicates plan.
3. Conducts regular reviews of project performance, evaluating the current and projected statusagainst the approved plan.
4. Assures the optimum utilization of program resources. Assures effective management of subcontracts and execution of the program material plan.
5. Leads project teams and facilitates the communication and interaction among project and taskmanagers and staff.
6. Controls the timely start and completion of project tasks to assure fulfillment of programcost and schedule objectives.
7. Manages closure of project objectives efficiently and as early as practical
8. Maintains accurate records of project data, deliverable items, and material.
9. Coordinates with customers to provide necessary project status and obtain customer feedback.
10. Assist with bids and proposals by reviewing Statements of Work, constructing BOEs, and coordinating with Engineering, Production, Contracts, Finance, and Pricing
11. Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Bachelor level or higher degree with strong technical and
Master’s Degree & 3 years related experience
Bachelor’s Degree & 5 years related experience
Strong interpersonal skills to lead cross functional teams towards
Ability to resolve conflict and lead effective team
Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, with high level of
Excel and MS Project experience
Experience with DoD contracts and project management
Must be fluent in areas of cost/schedule, risk management,
and critical path scheduling Preferred Skills and Education PREFERRED
Experience with Range Instrumentation products and/or
Knowledge of and experience with project execution through a
phased process (Life Cycle Management) and the reviews and metrics associated
with assessing progress throughout that cycle.
Strong programmatic skills in Critical Path Scheduling and
Earned Value Management
Ability to develop proposals, BOEs, Statements of Work,
project schedules, and WBS.
A. Physical Tasks
Exerts limited physical energy
B. Working Conditions
Normal office environment. May work extended hours or weekends.
May travel overnight or on weekends.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top