Project Manager, Recruitment Marketing Events
Are you highly organized with strong project management skills? Do you have experience in planning and marketing events? If so, BAE Systems, Inc. is hiring a Project Manager, Recruitment Marketing Events to join our Recruitment Marketing team in Arlington, VA. Join a dynamic team looking for a creative, energetic, driven and detail-oriented individual to partner with the Talent Acquisition Operations/Human Resources team and execute career-focused events. Reporting directly to the Recruitment Marketing Manager, the Project Manager, Recruitment Marketing Events will lead the process and planning for external hiring events, including college fairs, professional job fairs, virtual events and diversity conferences. An individual successful in this role will establish an overarching hiring event process and master schedule, partner with internal and external stakeholders to define individual hiring event objectives and create specific implementation plans in support of strategic recruitment marketing and talent acquisition efforts. The Project Manager will manage all operational, implementation and post-event activities, including budget reconciliation (where applicable) and ROI reports, to ensure BAE Systems, as a company and employer brand, are properly represented both at the event and online.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define event objectives, secure attendees and create specific implementation plans that promote recruitment marketing and talent acquisition goals
- Maintain a calendar of events and employ a system that enables and anticipates planning and effective management for recruitment-focused events
- Determine fiscal requirements, prepare budget for each event and reconcile invoices in timely manner
- Develop and execute promotional/outreach strategy for career events, internally and externally, across recruitment marketing channels
- Support development of event marketing collateral and promotional items
- Establish schedules, task assignments, equipment allocation and supporting technology
- Create and conduct attendee event training and preparation
- Manage logistic requirements including registrations, payments, event page updates, shipping, etc.
- Build and manage relationships with sponsor companies and vendors to enhance external project execution and delivery
- Conduct post-event briefing sessions and report on event ROI, including event attendance, promotion performance and metrics analysis
- Support additional marketing team projects and programs (e.g., social media, website maintenance, digital campaign support)
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Your Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in HR, events, hospitality, communication, marketing or a closely related field
- PMP or CMP a plus
- 5+ years of event planning, recruitment marketing or general marketing experience
- Previous recruiting/university recruiting, event marketing/promotion, trade show and/or HR experience
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Client and colleague collaboration across a matrix organizational structure
- Excellent written and oral communication, organization and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Keeping the world safe and secure is serious business. That's why we offer an accommodating work environment (or 9/80 schedule) to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best.
- From on-the-job training and leadership programs, to collaborating with leading experts and seasoned colleagues - we provide plenty of opportunities for career growth and professional development.
- We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. J oin one of our employee resource groups in our multicultural network to celebrate our differences.
- We foster your service ethic through community investment opportunities; employees can make financial contributions, request matching gifts and participate in volunteering opportunities.
- We offer a 9/80 schedule, work from home Fridays, an end-of-year week long paid shutdown and a 6% match, with immediate vesting, on 401(k) contributions.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top