Project Manager GEOINT
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Project Manager to oversee the planning, bidding and management of GEOINT related government task orders. The candidate will work within the Program Management Office (PMO) and act as a Program Manager (PM) delegate to oversee the successful completion of complex task orders in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Candidate will have extensive technical expertise in the intricacies and challenges of GEOINT foundation feature data production and maintenance. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the scope of task orders from conception through closure by maintaining schedules, budgets and quality on multiple concurrent projects and will be responsible for all communications with his/her customer counterpart along with the PM and Deputy PM as necessary. He or she will help drive new business related to their projects and will have the ability to offer solutions and new ideas to our customers. The project manager will work closely with Solutions Architects and Innovation Teams to provide BAE Systems and customer with new solutions regarding Foundation GEOINT.
They will provide reporting to the PM and BAE Systems management of status, variances, resource requirements and any other attribute that could lead to the success or failure of task order health. Candidate should have working knowledge of Earned Value Management to ensure the ongoing financial health of these GEOINT projects. Some travel may be expected to support customer meetings and intercompany technical exchange meetings.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Extensive knowledge of the specifications and production processes for GEOINT data including topographic features and human geography as well as solid understanding of cartographic finishing; Understanding of terrain data and imagery applications is also desired
- Ability to work independently and perform on-the-fly problem solving
- Ability to work and communicate well with management, customers and production staff
- Possesses good negotiation skills to gain best position for project success
- Strong attention to detail with well-structured organizational skills
- Proficient in ArcGIS and Esri suite
- Recent experience with DoD policies pertaining to contract management, program management skills relating to fiscal planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal relationship, and managerial skill
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in the use and application of Earned Value Management
- PMP certification
- Advanced degree, secondary degree or certification in GEOINT sciences (remote sensing, anthropology, human geography, photogrammetry, etc.)
- Existing TS/SCI clearance
- Proficient in GXP and other leading geospatial software suites as well as Open Source GIS
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top