We are searching for a Project Manager to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. We are looking for a Project Manager with a genuine passion to learn, provide quality support, and solve tough challenges to meet our customer's mission critical needs.
In this role, you will serve as a Project Manager supporting critical communication systems providing full life-cyle management of these mission critical systems. This is a dynamic environment with the opportunity to learn and have significant impact to the mission
- Track Project Progress in Customer's PM Tool
- Perform PMF programmatics for the project (schedule, control gates, prepare slides, distribute minutes, review/ verify deliverables, etc)
- Track project schedule in both MS Project and PM Tool
- Perform technical writing on project documentation
- Project Purchasing Documentation and Research
- Develop project schedules, timelines (adherence to PMP)
- Produce Project status reports
- Leverage experience across the Center, Group, and external offices
- Create/ update project documentation to include PMP deliverables
- Manage full project life-cycle for all requirements within the customer's area of responsibility (mission critical communications systems)
- Help define/refine customer requirements
- Obtain equipment purchase cost estimates from vendors and submit procurement orders
- Provide cost estimates for travel and/or equipment purchases to customers
- Work with customer to coordinate resources for TDY, training, test/ inspect/inventory/ configure equipment prior to shipment
- Draft and coordinate all travel and shipping communications
- Confirm receipt of equipment, investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate with other Project Managers for joint deployments of mission critical communications systems
- Guide and assist incoming officers and contractors with all activities necessary to fully function within our division (training classes, travel documents, system accesses, technical certifications, et al)
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must have an Active Intel Clearance with a Favorable Polygraph to be qualified. Will not be considered without it.
- Experience managing technical/IT projects
- Strong understanding of Customer field environment.
- Ability to work/coordinate with internal/external Customers/Vendors to gather requirements, develop plans and execute to budgets/timelines as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously in a rapidly paced environment.
- Experience with Customer's Project Management Framework.
- Incorporates/Implements changes to schedule
- Working knowledge of Customer's official message system
- Working knowledge of Customer's organization, internal policies and processes
- Project Organization/tracking
- Expert with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and Access
- Willing to "go the extra mile" in customer service and effort in ensuring that time critical requirements are met.
- Ability to work as part of a team of very strong personalities in a very dynamic environment
- Highly mission oriented
BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top