BAE Systems is building a team of Project Managers to lead technical teams on large projects or significant segments of large complex projects through full life cycle planning, development and sustainment phases. Our Project Management team will provide applications systems analysis and programming activities for government sites, facilities, or multiple locations.
These teams of Project Managers will also be responsible for the following duties:
• Prepare long and short-range plans for application selection, full life cycle development, systems development, systems maintenance, risk and change management, production activities and for necessary support resources
• Maintain awareness of full program goals and efforts to assure opportunities for shared resources and technical overlap are properly managed and utilized
•Work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment while assuring key milestone objectives are satisfied with a focus within cost budget constraints
•Will serve as the Customer point of contact and provide technical presentations as needed
•Oversee and manage the technical project(s) and serve as a liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
•Prepare project execution plan and identify technical and business resources needed
•Review status of projects and budgets, manage schedules and prepare status reports
•Be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude
•Able to handle multiple priorities and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity
•Demonstrate a high level of independent judgment and initiative; self-starter
•Other duties as assigned
Candidates filling these positions should have experience in one or more of the following Air Force Weapon Systems: Air Operations Center (AOC), Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS), National Space Defense Center (NSDC), Cyber Command and Control Mission System (C3MS), and Department of Defense (DoD) Intelligence System (DODIIS).
Teams will be located in:
•Colorado Springs, CO
•San Antonio, TX
•Warner Robbins, GA
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, systems management, or related discipline, at least 10 years' experience of increasing responsibility in the field of project planning and tracking, experience in resource estimation and management as program manager of research, development, and sustainment programs.
- Active TS clearance
- Working knowledge of engineering and software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- SAFe Agilist certification
- PMP Certification
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top