Project Finance Principal
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
The finance organization is a trusted business partner delivering information and innovative solutions for decision-making in order to deliver quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
Programs are the foundation of BAE Systems. Project finance plays a critical role planning, controlling, and reporting program performance as it relates to cost and schedule in accordance with our Earned Value Management System. It is a challenging and diverse role encompassing various aspects of finance.
This position will be located at one of the BAE Systems Southern NH locations; Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack or Manchester.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program financial lead. Coordinating team meetings and reviews
- Partnering with the Program Manager and Program Leadership Team, to provide sound business council and guidance.
- Developing creative solutions to problems and driving change
- Creating and influencing program baselines through earned value management
- Developing and shaping program risks and opportunities, such as cost overruns and scheduling delays
- Developing financial forecasts and deeply analyzing estimates at completion
- Supporting weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting requirements both internally and externally
- Interfacing with customers and serving as a consultant for external communications
- Reporting financials to management and serving as an expert for the function
- Seeking out projects to continually improve processes
- Proposal support through participating in fact-finding, statements of position, and negotiations
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of work experience or equivalent experience; alternatively, a master's degree and 4 years of work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems using ingenuity & innovation
- Experience communicating and presenting financial data to other functions in an accurate, concise, and understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and lead diverse work teams
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of program costs, revenue recognition, profit, cash and collections
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, ProPricer, and Cobra
- Ability to challenge and improve knowledge of industry practices and standards as well as company policies
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Previous experience in program control
- Experience with the Earned Value Management System
- Current/Prior Secret/Top Secret Security Clearance
ABOUT BAE SYSTEMS
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space.
At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top